As Fall is now upon us, now is the time to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. Many businesses rely on the holiday season to make a profit for the year and that is especially true with the pandemic. Most marketers agree that the first week of November is when businesses should start promoting for the holidays. During October is when the planning, strategy, and budgeting needs to take place for the end of year push.
Here are some marketing ideas to help make the season a success:
- Use social media to engage followers by running a fun, festive contest. It could be an “ugly holiday sweater contest” or a “dress your pet as Santa contest” where followers post pictures of themselves or their pet and can win a prize. Other ideas are a Christmas themed singing contest, holiday recipe contest, invite a friend to like our page contest, or a holiday decoration contest.
- Create a holiday themed social media poll. The poll could be “favorite holiday foods” or “favorite holiday traditions”.
- Create an event and promote through a social media ad campaign. Events could be a holiday sale, customer appreciation party, toy drive, holiday lighting celebration, or a food drive for the local food bank.
- Team up with a local charity and cross promote each other on social media. The holidays are a time when people want to give back to their communities. By teaming up with a local charity for holiday fundraising, you are showing goodwill as well as building social media engagement.
- Run a Google Shopping ad campaign that highlights holiday related products. Many people don’t know what they are going to buy as gifts, so they are searching online for ideas.
- Create an online store using Facebook Shops. E-commerce sales have increased 31% during the pandemic, so people are shopping online more than ever. Facebook Shops is a free new service that allows a business to create an online store on its Facebook and Instagram business pages.
- Run Facebook/Instagram and Google display ad campaigns to promote holiday products and sales. Create audiences in Facebook and Google that are targeting your potential customers then run ad campaigns to get in front of those people. These channels are the least expensive and most targeted forms of advertising.
The holidays are a great time of year for businesses to build their brand, increase sales, and expand their customer base. Being creative and engaging consumers can help make the season a success during a tough year for most businesses. If you need help with your marketing efforts, reach out to us.